About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Hi my name is Mike Heili: I am a 43 year old man who has been saved by Grace and Grace alone. I am married to my wife (Liz), and we have been married for almost 5 years. My Liz is Gods living expression of His own love towards me, for me, pursuing me, growing me. I have 3 little girls who have also taken my heart captive! They are my Taylor (15), Grace (3), and Samantha (7 days). My hope for you is that "Growing With Grace" becomes a very dependable and practical place for you to reset your Spiritual Compass that drives your day to day choices, actions, attitudes and lifestyles. My hope is that it affects your growth with your wife, your husbands, your loved ones, your children, work life and even with yourself. Gods Grace for some of us is the Truth, that will convict our souls back to "pursue holiness" once again. Not only to be reconciled unto our God, but to also be reconciled back unto LIFE as God designed it to be lived! In humble worship, submission, dependence and obedience to Him. (Mike Heili)

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gods Weight Loss Program...is Grace!

Hello friends and family! I know that for many of us we have started out 2012 w/ New Years Resolutions. For many, it was to do better, to try harder, to save money, to read the bible, to pray more, to make it a priority to attend church, to climb the corporate ladder, be more sensitive to others needs, and of course...Lose Weight! When I hear people tell me they want to lose weight, my mind runs right from the "Physical" to the "Spiritual". Please read on...because each of us NEEDS to lose some weight!

My hope for each of us this year is that each of us drops a dramatic amount of weight that Christ never intended for you and I to carry. Mat 11:28  "Come unto me, all ye that labor & are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Yes, God knows that our heart is heavy sometimes with depression, with hurt, & resentments: our heart could stand to lose a few pounds. Yes our mind is often weighted down with worry, with fears, and suspicions: it would be healthier this year if we would exercise on trusting God. Yes, we have failed people, we have failed God, and we have failed ourselves miserably even from time to time. So what are we to do? Here is what the world will tell you! "Do harder, try better, get a new plan, find a new method, make a stronger commitment this time, just do it".  Come' on how many times are you gonna get caught up in that viscous cycle? All we end up doing eventually is...packing back on the pounds! It is extremely unhealthy to live this way. To make all these promises, to make these vows are just more pressure! It's senseless weight to carry around! Ask an addict what pressure does? It helps him relapse back into old patterns, old behaviors...Pressure "adds weight" to your life! We don't need it! So what's the answer?.........GRACE!

Let me explain: There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus! Drop the self abuse! Drop the judgment, drop the pressure that God has removed from you! Lose some weight! Drop the shame and guilt! In fact, all that weight is not only unhealthy for you; but its also devastating on those who are in relationships with you! The bible states that no one is unique, in that we all have struggles, we all have issues, we have all  pains, and we all have dreams that did not come true! And most of all, we all SIN! That is why Grace has been given to you and me...because God knew that even after we were saved that we would need a constant diet of Grace! Paul opens up up almost every single letter he writes with "Grace and Peace unto you"! I love it! Because so many people are carrying around so much useless baggage, and needless weight in our Christianity! God has removed our shame & our guilt! Many of us live our professional lives, our family lives, our public life under a constant state of "performance" and "pressure".  "Grace and Peace unto you"...Drop the weight, take off the mask, your safe now, your home, your in Christ and nothing can separate you form His love...we can be real here...(in church, in prayer, IN THIS LIFE). Yes, God has a diet plan that each of us needs to follow! Shed the pounds this year! Grow in Grace...lose some weight!

Now, how do we get this diet started!? We recognize our NEED for Grace! If you don't recognize your need for Grace...then you will forever have a unhealthy relationship with burdens, with depression, with bitterness, with fear, anxiety, with your marriage, with our business! I want to ask you...would you like to lose some WEIGHT? Then acknowledge the need for Grace in your own life! Look to the cross, drop to your knees and kiss the feet of the one who died to set you free! Who has removed your weight and burden of being perfect, of being a "success", of not living up to others expectations! Look to the one who IS GRACE! His name is Jesus Christ, eat of His bread and drink of this cup that you might be set free from the burdens of this life, and lose some weight! Jesus carried the Cross...so you and I wouldn't have to! He knew the weight and the pressure would crushed us! Be kind to yourself, be loving to yourself, and quit holding yourself to a standard that God does not......."Lose some weight!"  I hope this has helped....

May you Grow in Grace and the knowledge that you are loved, thought on, forgiven and may you realize....the Pressures OFF! God bless you...Mike Heili (hookmhrns@ymail.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment