About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Hi my name is Mike Heili: I am a 43 year old man who has been saved by Grace and Grace alone. I am married to my wife (Liz), and we have been married for almost 5 years. My Liz is Gods living expression of His own love towards me, for me, pursuing me, growing me. I have 3 little girls who have also taken my heart captive! They are my Taylor (15), Grace (3), and Samantha (7 days). My hope for you is that "Growing With Grace" becomes a very dependable and practical place for you to reset your Spiritual Compass that drives your day to day choices, actions, attitudes and lifestyles. My hope is that it affects your growth with your wife, your husbands, your loved ones, your children, work life and even with yourself. Gods Grace for some of us is the Truth, that will convict our souls back to "pursue holiness" once again. Not only to be reconciled unto our God, but to also be reconciled back unto LIFE as God designed it to be lived! In humble worship, submission, dependence and obedience to Him. (Mike Heili)

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Who is this God of Grace?...

     God is all sufficient, He is life. Glory, goodness and blessedness are found in Him alone. He does not stand in need of any of the creatures that He has made, nor does He derive any of His glory from them. On the contrary, He manifest His own glory in us and by us, by His own Spirit. He is the fountain-head of all being, and the origin, channel and end of all things. Over all His creatures He is Sovereign. He uses them as He pleases, does for them as He wants, and allows what we do not understand. His sight see's all true intentions, motivations, origins and ends. His knowledge is infinite and infallible. No single thing is at risk or uncertain, or even a gamble; for He is not dependent upon any created things to fulfill His intent or will. In all His decisions, doings, and demands He is most Holy. Angels and men owe to Him as their creator all worship, service and obedience, and whatever else He may require; even if it offends our intellect, is inconvenient, and appears on all levels to be "impossible". Adam and Eve, do not eat of the tree! Noah, build and ark! Abraham, take your son upon the mountain! Moses, walk before ME and be Holy! Joshua, march around the city of Jericho! "Lazarus, come out of your grave, come forth!" This is the God I know, this is the God of the bible, this is God of this universe. I hope this new year, this is the God you know or get to know...For He and He alone is God; there is no other! May we each grow in the Grace and the knowledge of this God...

2 comments:

  1. Any comments, disagreements, or additions are absolutely welcome...please grow with me, but do it gracefully. Happy New Year! Mike Heili

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these thoughts and beautiful photos...and CONGRATULATIONS on the the birth of Samantha.


    Dave D

    ReplyDelete