About Me

My photo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Hi my name is Mike Heili: I am a 43 year old man who has been saved by Grace and Grace alone. I am married to my wife (Liz), and we have been married for almost 5 years. My Liz is Gods living expression of His own love towards me, for me, pursuing me, growing me. I have 3 little girls who have also taken my heart captive! They are my Taylor (15), Grace (3), and Samantha (7 days). My hope for you is that "Growing With Grace" becomes a very dependable and practical place for you to reset your Spiritual Compass that drives your day to day choices, actions, attitudes and lifestyles. My hope is that it affects your growth with your wife, your husbands, your loved ones, your children, work life and even with yourself. Gods Grace for some of us is the Truth, that will convict our souls back to "pursue holiness" once again. Not only to be reconciled unto our God, but to also be reconciled back unto LIFE as God designed it to be lived! In humble worship, submission, dependence and obedience to Him. (Mike Heili)

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Have Escaped To Tell Thee...

Early on in this book of Job, we have prosperity in the highest order.."integrity with God!". Man can have all kinds of false self-esteem because of his work ethic, because of what neighbors may think of us, and even the admiration of passers by as we practice humility. But to be introduced in the Word of God, by the Word of God...as a man who is pleasing to God...is quite an introduction. But soon, all that Job has is stripped away. Job's life is rudely interrupted, and he is not kept separate from a life that is common through out the rest of the world. Job experiences calamity, pain, and loss of all the substance that his life has acquired. Now being a child of God is no longer working for him in a positive manner. There seems to be no benefit in following this God. Oh man of God, children of God, if you know what Job is going through in your life today...take heed...fall to your knee's and worship God. Let it not be that you gain the whole world...and think that it was ever yours in the first place. It is all Gods, He gives and He takes away. The Grace of God is that we do not get what we truly deserve. God, have mercy on our souls, and guard our hearts when it considers YOU in time of suffering. God have mercy on our minds as we try to piece together the puzzle that we have so diligently put together, now we awake to have it torn apart. Oh God guide my footsteps and my words in time of pain, that I curse you not, question you not, and that in the end....I end up like Job at the end of chapter one and fall on my knees, cry out to my God...and Worship you. Let run to you, as my point of reference when all hell breaks lose.

4x servants in Scripture have come to Job and expressed that "only I have escaped alone to tell thee". Christian, this is our story! In the midst of all this, we for the most part miss the messenger's who have survived! By the Grace of God! They each come from their own separate tragedies, their own horrors, they each come holding their own testimony of how their lives were salvaged! The messengers' come yelling..."I alone have escaped to tell thee".  Among humanity, there are many who are lying dead in a grave. Among humanity, there are many who are still among the walking dead. But as for you and me..."We alone have escaped to tell thee". We alone have been saved from the Lion who roams this earth to seek whom he may devour. Oh how many of us have escaped, by the Grace of God go I, there is no way we should still be here! There is no reason why we have made it out of circumstances, overcome insanity, broken out of dark pity and heavy depression, beyond addiction...and now we sit and Worship at His feet!

Why have you been saved...for this very reason....to bring glory to God! It is now our turn to consider our own lives...When we were dead in our sins and trespasses before God...when we once walked in the ways of world and were among the walking dead! Christian, you have been spared! So daily may we run into a world that so desperately needs to hear of how God is still doing amazing things in a world that is confronted with pictures of tragedy, disease and despair. You Christian...your soul has been spared from the fires of Hell.  Do not think it was of your own doing! Do not think highly of yourself more than you ought! But give praise and honor to the one whom has spared your Soul. Oh may you cry out daily and forever....I have a testimony, I have a witness...."I alone have escaped to tell thee"....I AM FULLY ALIVE! I have escaped to tell thee..."His Name is Jesus!"   God bless you and may you see the Grace in your life and may you tell others of it! Your friend...Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment